A lot of people want to lose weight but they find it very difficult to do so. For those who do not face this difficulty, they often cannot understand it. Why don’t you eat less? Why don’t you move more? If only it was that easy, especially when there are so many vices, from junk food to cocktails. The last thing you want to do is deprive yourself of everything that you enjoy, so it becomes a bit of a balancing act, which is not always easy to get right.
One of the things that you can do is get to the bottom of why you struggle to lose weight. After all, everyone’s weight loss journey is individual to them. Therefore, you need to consider why you find it a struggle. Once you get to the bottom of this, you will be in the best possible position to make the changes that are required so that you can get your weight loss journey back on track.
- You have a medical issue that makes it difficult to lose weight – There is only one place to begin, and this is with medical issues that can prevent people from losing weight. Unfortunately, there are some conditions that make weight loss a real challenge. Some examples of conditions that make it hard to lose weight include Cushing’s syndrome, polycystic ovary syndrome, and hypothyroidism. There are also some medications that can cause weight gain and, therefore, make it challenging for you to lose weight. It is worth speaking to your doctor if you feel that this could be the case, as they may be able to shed some further light on it for you.
- You feel like youhave too much weight to lose – Another reason why a lot of people struggle to lose weight is that they feel like they have too much weight to lose. If this is the case, and you are severely overweight and it is having a negative impact on your health, you may be entitled to some weight loss assistance under the NHS. For example, there are some cases whereby people are able to get Saxenda on the NHS. it is certainly worth looking into this, as you may be able to get the help that you need to kickstart your weight loss and get yourself on the right path.
- Your motivation levels drop quickly – Next, one of the main reasons why people find it hard to lose weight is because they lose motivation quickly. You start off with all of the best intentions. However, as time goes on, you then find that your motivation levels drop. You want to lose weight, but you find that chocolate is way too tempting. We have all been there. It is all about finding ways to keep those motivation levels high. Why not write down the reasons why you want to lose weight? Also, having one bar of chocolate does not mean you have ruined everything. When we go off course, we have a tendency to assume we have ruined it and we can eat badly for the rest of the week. There’s no need to do this!
- You love food and enjoy eating tasty meals – A lot of people simply enjoy food. We’re with you! However, you can take your love of food and channel it into creating delicious, healthy meals that will help you in terms of weight loss. Why not look into different ways of growing your own food, for example? This can be a lot of fun, and it can help you in terms of living a more sustainable lifestyle. Plus, there are plenty of healthy recipes online as well that you can benefit from.
- You don’t enjoy exercising – Last but not least, a lot of people struggle with weight loss simply because they dislike exercising. They do not want to go to the gym. A lot of people feel self-conscious about doing so. However, the truth is that there are so many different ways you can exercise. You could join a dance class, for example, or you could do some yoga. You can also follow fitness videos from the comfort of your own home. You do not want to exercise in front of others.
As you can see, there are a number of different reasons why people struggle to lose weight. Understanding why you struggle will help you to make a plan so that you can keep on track and lose the weight you want to.